Spyros and Panagiotis recently gave a presentation at a coworking space in Athens (The Cube), at the Docker Athens community meet up, concerning Micro Service implementation and tools / techniques we use in PPH.
Topics covered were:
- What is a micro service architecture
- Advantages in code procedures, team dynamics and scaling
- How container services such as docker assist in its implementation
- How to deploy code in a micro services architecture
- Container Management tools and resource efficiency (mesos, kubernetes, aws container service)
- Scaling up
At PPH we are becoming great fans of MicroService Architecture and the benefits this may bring to team dynamics as well as scaling / performance of our infrastructure. We will be posting our news on moving from a monolithic app to a microservice app so if this is a topic that interests you, watch this space!
Following are the slides of the presentation.